simultaneous worldwide release for the Galaxy S III mid 2012.”
- The specifications for the SGSIII are of course subject to change, but are Samsung developed 2.0GHz quad-core CPU (no codename given), 1.5gb RAM, 32gb internal memory (with sd card slot), and a 4.65 inch screen. A new display called Super AMOLED III is being developed specifically for the phone (SGS had Super AMOLED, SGS II had Super AMOLED Plus, SGS III has Super AMOLED III) with 1280x1024 resolution, giving the phone a ppi of 352, which they emphasized that 352ppi will make it the highest ppi mobile phone.
- The reason for no demo phone was that the screen technology was still in the final stages of design and production of them have notstarted.
- The device is 9mm thick, has a metal and glass body (a really clean, shiny look to it in the pictures), has a 2250mAh battery, 10 megapixel camera and is capable of shooting 1080p video at 60 frames per second.
- The phone will come with an inbuilt NFC chip.
- The phone will have Androids latest Ice Cream Sandwich software and an all new TouchWiz 5 which has been in co-development with Google
during the development of the Galaxy Nexus, so according to the Samsung representatives, it isn’t as “intrusive to Android” as previous TouchWiz versions were. It seems TouchWiz will play a minor role and only have little improvements to ICS. It won’t control the user experience.
- One of the reasons why they’re not going with a full TouchWiz experience is for a few reasons, one being that the ICSexperience is very user friendly already and also it will also Samsung to update software on their phones at a faster rate than they have in the past.
- Price wasn’t revealed, but for all the specs of the phone, I’m guessing it’ll be very expensive!